Our Port Moody studio is conveniently situated along the main thoroughfare road of St. John’s Street – if you’ve been to Port Moody, you’ve probably been on St. John’s. We are located just a couple of blocks from the SkyTrain station. We will provide the exact address when you book your shoot. Please also see the Parking FAQ if you are driving.
We have several rotating studios that we use in Vancouver, so the location of the shoot will vary depending on the day that you book. We will provide the exact address when you book your shoot. Please also see the Parking FAQ if you are driving.
bOB has been a professional photographer for over 2 decades. Read more about him here.
We are pleased to offer two different discounts for acting students:
- We have an already discounted package for Acting Student Headshots.
- We have created an additional discount code for all the major acting/theatre schools (college, university, and private) in the Lower Mainland and shared these with your school’s administration. If you have not already received the code from your school, please contact us with a photo of your school ID or proof of payment for your acting/theatre class, and we will share the discount code with you for you to apply on top of the already discounted package.
All photo sessions require a $75 non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. Your paid deposit is subtracted from the final session balance to be paid at the session. We require 48 hours’ cancellation notice, and cancelled or postponed sessions need to be rescheduled within 90 days of the initial booking for the deposit to be applied
If you wish to order more edits than are included in your headshot package, we offer 2 for $50 or 4 for $75. These include basic editing:
• Skin retouching
• Background change
• Color correction
If you want ENHANCED photo editing, the cost is $50 per image and includes:
• Natural retouching of the skin and body with preservation of texture without blurring
• Color Correction
• Color Grading
• Skin tone correction
• Elimination of parasitic shades
• Plastics, Slimming of the body, face (Liquify)
• Make-up correction
Simply send us the JPEG number or send the file you want edited as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow 5-6 business days for the editing/retouching to be completed. Upon completion, the edited files will be sent to you in both high-resolution (for printing) and web-resolution (for using online) formats.
Your photoshoot image proofs will be sent to you for viewing, through a link with a password, in our secure gallery within 48 business-day hours of your session.
We can take cash, debit, or credit card. Afterpay is available. We use Square for all electronic payment methods.
We do not accept personal cheques.
Payment is due at the end of the session.
Unless the shoot is for someone under the age of 18, we ask that you do not bring a guest to your photoshoot session. If you need to consider bringing someone, please call us to discuss this.
The duration of your photoshoot session can vary greatly depending on:
- your personal level of experience with photoshoots,
- if you are having hair and makeup or grooming,
- and how many looks/wardrobe changes you are having.
On average, youth headshots take 1.5 hours, and adults take 2-3 hours including makeup and wardrobe changes.
We are pleased to have a network of trusted hair and makeup artists to serve you. When you book your headshot session, you can choose from several differnt options for hair and makeup services. The makeup artist we use will vary depending on the day you’re booking for based on their availability. Pricing might also vary depending on the artist available. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us to inquire.
On the day of your shoot, please arrive with clean and dry hair and a clean, fresh face.
If you wish to bring your own makeup artist, please call to advise us ahead of time.
If you are personally doing your own hair and makeup, please be sure to bring your hair and makeup products for retouches, as we do not keep any in stock.
Please bring 6 or 7 wardrobe options, though we will not be using them all.
Consider the following tips:
- Casual and formal variations.
- Different colour options. Bring at least one black option, less white.
- Avoid stripes and patterns as much as possible. Simple fitted solids are best.
- No logos! (except a simple horse for a Polo shirt, for example. We mean no large graphic logos.)
- Tops/shirts/jackets/dresses are mainly what we’ll need. Fewer pants/skirt options are needed as we won’t be framing below the waist too often.
- The clothes should not take the attention away from you!
Our Port Moody studio has free parking in the building’s parking lot.
Our Vancouver studio requires you to park on the street or in a nearby lot, so there will be some free street parking and some paid options, depending on where you find a spot.
We require that all Clients sign a Contract/Photo Release form before the session. In that contract, we have the following clause about Ownership:
It is agreed that ownership of the RAW digital files (negatives) will remain with the Photographer. At the Client’s request, and with Client buy-out, the Photographer will turn over all the RAW digital files to the Client upon completion of final edited digital images. If the Client chooses to take physical control of the digital files, the Photographer will no longer be responsible for retaining the digital images.